In spite of our recent cold spell (and apparently more snow coming tonight), new life is being created right before our eyes!
From the deep, quiet and cold stillness of winter, nature, now a little warmer and sunnier, is exploding with new life. Shoots are forcing their way through the soil and leaves are popping out of their buds. Go for a walk in the woods and you will see some bright new leaves popping out and you'll hear birds chirping. Spring is a time of birth, new life, new possibilities. The vision and potential of the acorn seed is following its plan and beginning to turn earth and the elements into a beautiful oak tree.
As humans living busy and technological lives, its easy to forget that we too are part of this cycle of nature. We too have the springtime energy within us. We create new life, give birth to creative projects, make plans and follow through. We have the same flexibility of a tree that finds its way towards the sun no matter what obstacles are in its path. We have the same power of a blade of grass pushing through a cement sidewalk.
In 5 element acupuncture the goal is to keep the energy moving through this natural cycle. When it gets stuck, that's when dis-ease, pain or upset occur. When the powerful uprising spring energy (wood element) within us gets stuck we have particular experiences. For example on the physical level we may feel like our tendons and muscles are tight, we may get one-sided headaches or migraines, vision problems or trouble sleeping. We may get angry or frustrated, or we may lack vision, flexibility, or creativity.
When in balance the springtime energy within brings us the gifts of humility, planning, decision making, clear perception, creativity, appropriate anger, justice, vision and flexibility.
If your springtime energy or wood element is feeling stuck here are a couple exercises that can help!
- Meditate! Set your alarm for 20 minutes, sit up straight, be still, relax, and pay attention. If you want to learn with me - i offer 2 ways: in person (starting tomorrow!) or online (use the newsletter member discount code: "meditate50" )
- Create! even if you are not inspired, just start a creative project. write, draw, dance, sing, paint. You will see the creative juice begin to flow before your eyes!
- Cleanse! Its a kind of "internal" spring cleaning! Spring is the perfect time to lighten the body and clear some of our winter storage. Some simple tips: Eat lighter, include spring greens, and take a break from the sugar and processed foods. We also still have some room in our 21 Day Nutritionist Guided Spring Cleanse. Spring Clean! includes Private nutritional consults, Group support, and even Yoga and Acupuncture! note: The early bird discount ends soon (more info below)
If you have been receiving seasonal acupuncture treatments, now is the perfect time to come in for your spring session. We can help bring smooth movement and new life to your body, mind and soul! Please feel free to use the handy Online Scheduler. If you are new to acupuncture now is the perfect time to spring into sessions, give us a call at (610) 203-3747 or book online to set up your initial appointment =) Also if you know anyone who may be interested please feel free to pass on this newsletter! (there is a link at the bottom)
We have some fantastic courses coming up...stay tuned for our full April schedule!
Enjoy our current events listed below.
Wishing you the happiest Springtime with new growth and freedom!
Reiki Master, Access Bars Therapist
Natural healing and holistic health has been a focus of mine for the last 22 years. I am constantly amazed by the variety of modalities that are available to help one find balance, relaxation and harmony within one’s body and mind, and in relation to the world around us...read more –>
a 21 day guided community cleanse with Rachel & Lance
Starts April 11th.
Feeling sluggish and tired after winter? Carrying extra pounds? Burdened by sugar cravings? Ready to revitalize and restore in preparation for the abundance of spring and summer? Kick start a new season of wellness with Rachel and Lance! Read more –>
Save $ with the Early Bird Registration (ends Sunday Mar. 27th)
Healing Arts Spotlight
Zero Balancing with Sharon
Developed by an Osteopath and Acupuncturist, Zero Balancing (ZB) is a hands-on body-mind therapy system which combines energy concepts from acupuncture with knowledge of physical body structure and movement from Osteopathy. .Read more –>Reminders
- Community Acupuncture: We offer community acupuncture in an open, quiet healing space where other patients are being treated nearby. Sessions are $35 and provided on zero gravity recliners. Super comfy!
- 30% off through March - new client sessions for Functional Nutrition, Holistic Personal Training, & Zero Balancing. When booking simply mention this Newsletter Member Discount!