I LOVE this time of year but for my patients with allergies its hard! Along with Holistic Acupuncture, I practice a style of acupuncture called Nambudripad Allergy Elimination Technique - we call it NAET for short. It can help to reprogram the body's relationship to allergies, whether they are animal, food, or environmental. We use Kinesiology (muscle testing) along with acupressure and acupuncture points during our session to help relieve allergies and the issues that arise from allergens.
If you know someone who could use NAET, they can simply book an acupuncture session with me via our Online Booking System.
Here are 10 suggestions I give to my patients to help relieve their allergies. If you are suffering, try them out and let me know if they help! Also if you have any other suggestions let me know and I will add to this list for everyone!
- Vacuum weekly with a HEPA Filtered Vacuum cleaner
- Use a dehumidifier programmed to 50%. Mold cant grow under 60% humidity.
- Regularly switch out filters in your ac/heater unit. This will help keep your home's air clean!
- Close windows during peak allergy season.
- Use the re-circulate air button in your car on heavy pollen count days
- Don't track the outside in. Be barefoot at home.
- Use raw local honey: try 1 teaspoon honey, 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar in warm water!
- Avoid eating dairy, melon, banana, cucumber, sunflower seeds, and chamomile.These can make allergies worse
- Use a Neti pot or Saline Spray
- Use Eucalyptus oil. Create a steam, add 1 drop of oil and inhale.
- BONUS #11 - get acupuncture!
Have a beautiful day!
Lots of love,
Lance Isakov, M.Ac., L.Ac., Dipl.Ac., CYT
Village Wellness. a little healing oasis on the main line.
P.S. We also have a speaker's series all about Allergies, coming up on the 28th with Rachel and Gabrielle. They will give the acupuncture and functional nutrition perspectives in more detail! It will be well worth it if you know allergy sufferers or are one yourself!
- COMING (very) SOON to Village Wellness! We are bringing on a Fertility & Women's Health Acupuncture Specialist! Stay tuned for more info! For now, If you are interested in this kind of session please let us know.
- $35 Community Acupuncture happens Tuesdays, Wednesdays & Thursdays. Scheduling last minute? call us at 610-203-3747