This Thursday on the Winter Solstice, we'll have a very special opportunity to do an acupuncture or acupressure treatment called "Water Horaries." (Learn more about Horaries below)
Some of my lucky patients will be receiving this treatment on Thursday, but if you can't come in for an acupuncture session, fret not! You can perform this treatment on yourself.
DIY Winter Horaries
- Create Sacred Space at the right time: On Dec. 21st anytime between 3:00 and 7:00pm, find a quiet space where you can be meditative and still.
- Sit comfortably and begin deepening your breath and relaxing your body.
- When you're ready, activate the following 2 points, one at a time, by gently pressing and holding each spot for 3 minutes.
Bladder 66: Penetrating Valley – a place to clear away that which no longer serves, release fear, and free obstacles in our path. Located on the side of the foot at the base of the pinky toe. (see pic)
Kidney 10: Yin Valley – a place to restore calm when there is overwhelm in the mind, emotions, or spirit. Located on the inside of the knee (see pic)
More About Horaries
In Five Element Acupuncture we work with the balance and relationship of Fire, Earth, Metal, Water, and Wood.
Each of these elements are correlated to a season where that particular energy is at its peak.
The energy peaks for
- Fire in the Summer
- Earth in the Late Summer
- Metal in the Fall
- Water in the Winter
- Wood in the spring.
(Psst! Learn more about these Elements in my book: Five Element Acupuncture & You - use the code "ancientwisdom" at checkout to get a FREE copy!)
The energy of our body also peaks in different organ systems during a 24 hour time period we call the Chinese Body Clock.
A horary treatment takes advantage of this energetic timing to profoundly influence the body.
For example we can deeply effect the Water element within a person by using the water point on the water meridians at the water time of day (3-7 pm) at the peak of the water time of year (Winter Solstice). This will help powerfully root a person in the seasonal energetic of Winter and bring balance to the Water Element.
When Water is out of balance you may feel excessive fear or a struggle to survive. You may experience low energy, deep fatigue, exhaustion, reduced sex drive, lack of trust, and timidity. You may have kidney or bladder problems, hypertension, infertility, and/or back pain.
When Water is in balance you have the gifts of wisdom, stillness, patience, potency, listening, and appropriate fear. You have a greater sense of trust and it's easier to be still. You move slower in healthy ways and create time for introspection and peace; for making room for what's next.
Let me know how it goes! Or if you have any questions! Have an amazing Solstice!!
Lots of Love,
Lance Isakov, M.Ac., L.Ac., Dipl.Ac., CYT
Village Wellness. a little healing oasis on the main line.
- Amy & I are hosting a 5 part Shamanic Apprenticeship this year with Sanctioned Teacher of the Pachakuti Mesa Tradition, Thomas Mock! We have 1 or 2 spots left for our first weekend in February. If you're looking to take your spiritual practice to the next level, check this out!
- Lei, our wonderful acupuncture is now offering Cosmetic Acupuncture Treatments!
- We now have 4 Community Acupuncture Sessions per week! Tuesdays, Wednesdays, Thursdays, and SATURDAYS! Still only $35!
- Looking for affordable, organic beauty treatments, like waxing and skin care, that are also focused on holistic wellness? Check out our new Village Spa!
- Thank you for your kind reviews! Read our Patient Love Notes!
- Popular Blog Posts: